2.0/InspIRCd and Anope
Linking Anope 1.8.x to InspIRCd 1.2 - 2.x
This tutorial is written for Anope-1.8.4 and InspIRCd 2.0
This tutorial assumes that you've already configured InspIRCd to a basic level enabling it to at least run. You will probably have to make a few changes to link Anope to it. If you've previously linked Anope to another IRCd, eg. Unreal, the main differences you'll notice are mentions of TS6. InspIRCd uses the TS6 protocol which requires a few changes in the configuring of Anope. Note: This tutorial is NOT some step-by-step walkthrough for configuring Anope itself, it covers InspIRCd-specific issues you may encounter. The basic set-up of Anope should be done using the comments in the config with the supplied docs.
- m_chghost - Although Anope will start without this, you WILL need it for HostServ to actually set vHosts.
- m_globops - Enables global messages.
- m_hidechans - For allowing support for usermode +I.
- m_services_account - Enables +r on identifying, as well as +R and +M channel modes.
- m_spanningtree - The most important, without this services cannot link to InspIRCd, and any server bind blocks will be redundant.
- m_alias - Enables aliases such as /NickServ, /ns rather then having to use /msg nickserv, you'll also need to uncomment the aliases.
- m_svshold - You'll need this if you use the "recommended" UseSVSHOLD setting in services.conf.
For extra channel modes eg. Owner, Protected, Halfop, please read on..
If using InspIRCd 1.2 you should use the following module:
- m_chanprotect - Enables +q and +a (Owner and Protected)
If using 2.0.x the above module and halfop functionality have been replaced with the following:
- m_customprefix - Enables +q, +a, +h with the ability to change prefixes.
Note that changing IRCd modules which add modes/commands will require services to be restarted to pick them up.
It is important at this point to make sure you have a new Anope-1.8.4 services.conf as it includes some extra information regarding TS6.
- Uncomment IRCDModule and set it to inspircd12 if using Anope-1.8.4, for Anope-1.8.5 you can use inspircd20.
- Uncomment Numeric (the InspIRCd 1.2 compliant one). This numeric must be a TS6 ID, and conform to the following format: [0-9][A-Z0-9][A-Z0-9]. 3AX will work.
- If you want to use svshold for holding nicks that have been "Guest'd" by Nickserv, enable UseSVSHOLD. This should be used with m_svshold loaded in inspircd.
- Uncomment UseTS6.
- Make sure you have a bind block in inspircd.conf, for servers. You cannot use the the same bind for servers and users. This bind shouldn't have SSL, as Anope 1.8.x doesn't support it, and won't link.
- Set a link block and Uline for Anope (links.conf). See below example.
<link name="services.mydomain.tld" ipaddr="127.0.0.1" port="7000" sid="3AX" allowmask="127.0.0.0/8" sendpass="SomePassword" recvpass="SomePassword"> <uline server="services.mydomain.tld" silent="yes">