Installing Through Pkgsrc
Installing InspIRCd Through Pkgsrc (usually NetBSD)
As of July 2007, NetBSD and other BSD users can install InspIRCd via pkgsrc.
To install InspIRCd via pkgsrc, simply issue the following commands as root:
cd /usr/pkgsrc/chat/inspircd make install clean
Version of the package in Pkgsrc
The version of InspIRCd in pkgsrc is: 1.1.10
Differences between the pkgsrc installed InspIRCd and a tarball installed InspIRCd
- The tarball install installs InspIRCd locally under your username. Pkgsrc installs InspIRCd globally, and installs it to a location where it may be launched by any user (/usr/pkg/bin) for their own local use.
- The tarball install places your configuration files under (PREFIX)/conf, where (PREFIX) is usually in the form /home/username/inspircd. The pkgsrc install instead places your configuration files under /usr/pkg/etc/inspircd.
Locations of files in the pkgsrc installation
In the pkgsrc installation of InspIRCd, the locations of files are as follows:
- Core system: /usr/pkg/bin/inspircd
- Core shared objects: /usr/pkg/lib/inspircd
- Modules: /usr/pkg/share/inspircd/modules
- Configuration: /usr/pkg/etc/inspircd