From the makers of InspIRCd.
chanprotect module (2.0 version)
| This module provides the channel modes +a and +q (protection and founder) and optionally the 'prefixes' which come with them on channel.
| This module adds the possibility for several extra options in your configuration file:
- If your network does not have services and is unlikely to ever have services, then set noservices to "yes" in your chanprotect tag. When this option is set the first person into any channel is silently given the channel mode +q in the same way they are given the channel mode +o for channel operator status. This is because otherwise with no U:Lined servers to give out +q, both +q and +a would be useless without services.
- If the deprotectself value is set to yes, true, or 1, then any user with +q or +a may remove the +q or +a from themselves. The default setting is to not enable this feature, which stops even the founder taking away their founder status without using services.
- If the deprotectothers value is set to yes, true, or 1, then any user with +q or +a may remove the +q or +a from other users. The default setting is to not enable this feature, so that only +q may remove +a, and nothing but services may remove +q.
- The qprefix option allows configuration of which character to use for the +q prefix on channels. If no prefix is specified, this mode has no prefix. Remember that this is only cosmetic, and the +q mode does not infer channel operator status.
- The aprefix option allows configuration of which character to use for the +a prefix on channels. If no prefix is specified, this mode has no prefix. Remember that this is only cosmetic, and the +q mode does not infer channel operator status.
- Channel mode +q: This channel mode marks a user as the channel founder. A +q user is protected from kicks and deops, and also from deprotects by any other users.
- Channel mode +a: This channel mode marks a user as protected. This means they may not be kicked or deopped. Only a +q user or a U:Lined server may give or take away channel mode +a under normal circumstances, or kick a +a user.
Extended Bans (Extbans)
| This module implements no extended bans.
| This module adds no extra commands.
| Note that channel modes +q and +a do not infer channel mode +o. Channel mode +o is seperate, therefore allowing you to protect a user who is voiced or halfopped if you wish.
Any changes made to the above configuration options requires a reload of the module (unload, then load again) to take effect.