This site is deprecated; docs have moved to docs.inspircd.org!
From the makers of InspIRCd.
override module (1.1 version)
| Provides the ability for opers to 'override' things such bans, mode changes, etc. (Old UnrealIRCd style). Newer versions of m_override can specify the exact types of 'modehack' which are to be allowed for each oper type.
- In 1.0
- Announces override to other opers.
- In 1.1
- Announces override to the channel overridden (in a channel NOTICE).
The override module adds a new value to the <type> tag which specifies exactly what an oper may override. The tag is <type:override> and is specified in the following manner:
<type name="NetAdmin" classes="OperChat BanControl HostCloak Shutdown ServerLink Services HostChange Modular"
override="INVITE KEY LIMIT BANWALK KICK MODEOP MODEDEOP MODEVOICE MODEDEVOICE MODEHALFOP MODEDEHALFOP OTHERMODE">
You may have as many override tokens in the override variable as you wish, each of which allows the oper to override a specific IRCd setting as shown in the table below:
- INVITE - Allows an oper to override a +i mode set on any channel
- KEY - Allows an oper to override a +k mode set on any channel
- LIMIT - Allows an oper to override a +l mode set on any channel
- BANWALK - Allows an oper to override bans (of any type) mode set on any channel, basically any JOIN prohibition not covered by INVITE, KEY or LIMIT
- KICK - Allows an oper to KICK even without channel (half)operator status
- MODEOP - Allows an oper to op himself or others without channel operator status
- MODEDEOP - Allows an oper to deop himself or others without channel operator status
- MODEVOICE - Allows an oper to voice himself or others without channel (half)operator status
- MODEDEVOICE - Allows an oper to devoice himself or others without channel (half)operator status
- MODEHALFOP - Allows an oper to halfop himself or others without channel operator status
- MODEDEHALFOP - Allows an oper to dehalfop himself or others without channel operator status
- OTHERMODE - Allows an oper to set any channel mode not directly covered by MODEOP, MODEDEOP, MODEVOICE, MODEDEVOICE, MODEHALFOP or MODEDEHALFOP, without the necessary channel (half)operator status.
NB: Placing the value '*' in the override value enables all override types. Use with caution.
| SNOMASK character (1.1): +O - Can receive notices about use of oper-override (even if <override noisy="no">).
Extended Bans (Extbans)
| This module implements no extended bans.
| This module adds no extra commands.
| This idea was kicked out the UnrealIRCd, because they felt that opers should be required to 'invite' themselves into a channel first. We believed it was fine the way it was, so left it that way. If you do not believe our decision was correct, get in contact with us, and we may add more features to the module (e.g. support both behaviours of m_override).