This site is deprecated; docs have moved to docs.inspircd.org!
This policy covers how the InspIRCd website treats personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your past use of the InspIRCd website services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name or email address or any other information that is not usually publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of organizations that the InspIRCd website does not own or control, or to people that InspIRCd does not manage, including IRC networks which may happen to be using our software.
- The InspIRCd website collects personal information when you register with the site, when you visit registered-user-only pages, and when you make donations.
- When you register we ask for information such as your email address. For financial services such as donations, paypal, who are responsible for our financial transactions, may also ask for your name, address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. Once you register on the InspIRCd website and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- The InspIRCd website automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you request. These are used for private statistics of the website which are then used to provision network hardware and improve site performance.
- The InspIRCd website uses information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for services, improve our services, contact you, and provide anonymous reporting for maintaining our site.
- You, the user, acknowledge that any text you submit to this wiki shall be licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License (version 1.2) and that any patches or other program code you submit to the InspIRCd project will be licensed under the GNU General Public License (version 2). This makes the text and changes you submit available to others for their use and editing under the same license and no privacy of this data is gauranteed.
The InspIRCd website admins do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or companies except to provide services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We may set and access site specific cookies on your computer.
- InspIRCd site cookies contain confidential information relating to your login session and site preferences.
Changes To This Policy
InspIRCd site admins may update this policy at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our site. It is your responsibility to check for such notices, as it is also your responsibility to check for changes in our terms of service.