This site is deprecated; docs have moved to docs.inspircd.org!
Supported Operating Systems
InspIRCd is known to work on the following operating systems. Note that other operating systems may work but we only list on this table systems which we have personally tested. All tested systems are x86 systems unless otherwise noted.
Systems with a Package have InspIRCd available in their package managers.
- For OpenSSL use on FreeBSD, the ports version of openssl must be installed, which correctly registers in pkg-config.
- OpenBSD 3.6 and later
- Debian Package
- Gentoo Package
- Redhat ES
- Fedora Core
- Redhat 9
- SuSE (Novell) Package
- Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.x)
- NetBSD 2.0.x and greater Package
Darwin (Mac OS X)
- Mac OS X 10.5
- InspIRCd 1.1 is reported to be functioning properly on Mac OS X 10.4.
- PPC or Intel architecture reported as working
- HP/UX 11.0, 11i/11.11, 11i v2/11.23
Microsoft Windows (1.1 series only)
Supported operating systems:
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows 2000 Server
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008 Core